Friday 27 February 2009

Sediment

This seems to be a funny (peculiar) time. Many people I talk with are aware that the economic situation is not going to change over night and a number think things are not going back to the way they were; growth, consumerism, more, more, more. I hear people wanting to move to enjoy life not consuming but the culture is yet to change collectively. I have made a decision to follow my interests and enjoy life as authentically as I can. And it is strange and confusing at times; finding the (no-)place of equanimity, that non-attached but engaged space of truth requires subtler and subtler ways of seeing and letting go. And then there is the back sliding into attachments that happens without notice so that I feel I need to relearn. I always sit in some position and even if I can see that it is unskillful or whatever, I still need to use it to move to an other position.

I feel the sediment is stirred up at the moment and I am not sure if I've yet stopped stirring.

No comments:

Post a Comment