Saturday 21 February 2009

Thriving

A new frame come to my attention yesterday; 'thriving'. I think of frames as ways in which the unity having given rise to us takes a step further and lets us see something. Bits of unity folding over its self to create and reveal.

So, what was the concept of thriving able to reveal to me yesterday? Well, I placed the notion against some of my recollections of my past (that constantly reinvented story) and considered was I thriving (or thwarted) back then? And I saw that at painful times, times for which I have subsequently tried to work out an explanation, I was not thriving and that was painful or at least the recollection is associated with pain.

Repression either by others or one's self whilst useful can go too far and thus prevent thriving. And I see that some of my anger has been a reaction to subjugation; repression by others gone way too far so as to prevent thriving.

To thrive seems to be an expression of generation, creation, aliveness. Trisna (tanha)? We desire to be or rather the unity folds or unfolds to express. To let one's ego get wrapped up in this is to suffer but to let one's ego or an others ego repress this is also to suffer. And this points I think to our attachments and how complex and deep they run, because we repress because we are attached to something. This is complex, no wonder we can take a life time (and more) to see our way through it, to truly thrive and to Wake up! and Pay attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment