Thursday 8 January 2009

Doing

I didn't post yesterday. Now a number of points come to mind. First, I have had a little obsessive juggle over posting everyday; if I miss a day it's a chance to reflect lost and I could also let the habit slip. On the other hand if I feel I must post every day then I could become obsessive. Second, is a point about time and how one's perception of time can seem non-linear hence 'is that the time already?' I joke with DC sometimes that the 'time bandits' have been in and stolen the evening; it got late soon. Although it can seem that there is not enough time this is in a way good; it's much better to have a full life than feel time dragging. It's all a question of adjusting expectation I suppose. Talk of time is in the air a bit here at present (no pun intended) as DC is looking at time in relation to consciousness and music. Heidegger's 'Being and time' is in his study and will no doubt appear in the bathroom any time soon! I have 'How to read Heidegger' in the to read pile. Also in that pile with time as a subject are books by J. Krishnamurti, D. Bohm, and D Katagiri. They rest with 'A world without time' by Palle Yourgrau a study of the friendship and work of Godel and Einstein. A number of other books are up front in the pile looking at aspects of 'reality' from a psychological and spiritual perspective. Heady stuff. Still it expands one's world to gain new perspectives and from a spiritual perspective to keep an eye on throwing stuff out; empty the cup as they say.

Had I posted yesterday I would have commented on having seen work colleagues laugh at unworkable systems imposed from above. I have read humour described as a 'breaking out' from an order or system. I think this also involves openness and thus connection. People are best when open; it shows such aliveness. Change also featured in those systems imposed from above; lots of changes at work just now. But, Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, which brings us back to time or rather making the most of one's life I suppose...

How am I doing as a human being? Being and doing is that the question? Empty the cup. This is such a lovely story. If only we didn't get so wrapped up in ourselves and stayed open. Can I remember that?

No comments:

Post a Comment