Monday 16 March 2009

Courage

Choices, choices. Some real some not even available, just fantasies. Always this question: 'is this what I should do for the best or is it just what I would like to do?' And straight away the further questions about the definition of 'for the best' and 'like'. Or to put it an other way how much of this is attachment to unhelpful or unskillful ways? And of course it is just not possible for me to know. I try to feel into the situation; ideas, emotions, sensations, and... , I keep looking, check to avoid rumination, explore, unpack, try out alternative ways of building a picture, what options, where might it go... that sort of thing. I try to keep open but contained.

How much courage have I got to really look at those attachments?

No comments:

Post a Comment