Thursday 11 December 2008

Still trying

There is a section in Zen mind beginner's mind by Shunryu Suzuki titled 'No dualism'. I think this a very elegant talk and it is in my thoughts just now; I feel far from being able to say 'Sun-faced Buddha and moon-faced Buddha' and know it to be true of how I feel. I think it an aspiration for me to be guided by. And in that guidance to also see the need to be compassionate with myself as I fall short. Not easy for me to work out what is required and what my ego wants.

At least I seem to be spacious enough to see the gap.

1 comment:

  1. Remember also where Suzuki says, "If you hate weeds, just hate them. If you love flowers, just love them." You don't have to try to obliterate the difference between the two. To get in touch with our feelings as they actually are is the main part of the battle.

    ReplyDelete