Saturday 22 November 2008

Yang

This time of year much easier for me when I am busy, when doing. It's a very yin time and good for reflection. Indeed some retreat within is essential at the start of autumn. The trouble is that it can all get a bit too self absorbed and rather than moving with the Tao I get stuck.

Doing v Being. Umm. Where to place enthusiasm, excitement? There is the question of self and Self; ego and original face. Attachment and delusion are going to be with my ego self and that's not being filed away as exhausted this time around I suspect. So balance is required. Balance between the aliveness of Being and the aliveness of ego Doing. It's a huge area; we separate from totality to be. But it's illusion, we never see the whole, we exist in the gap between one moment and the next, always falling from one unstable state to the next. Always moving. Except there is no gap and no moment. We make our life and it's important not to be sleep waking through it.

So I was thinking about the tone, the style of writing and the subjects posted. What about the sensibilities of potential readers? Should it be kept to the upper chakras; classic spiritual or should the lower chakras be included? No question really, it needs to be authentic. All must be accepted, without clinging but without denial; without attachment.

I've got much better with yin over recent years. I've probably been one of those gay men who are a bit too yang; if women weren't a bit feisty they just fell of my radar. Which is a bit of a shame because I've always been a big softy really. Which brings me to the inner dogs. I've got (at least) two; a daft Labrador and a Terrier. Like all creatures they are getting on a bit now and mellowing with age. So they are getting more alike. There's still life in them though.

Sun faced Buddha moon faced Buddha.

1 comment:

  1. I like this - blogging is well suited to your style. It's good to be able to read at one's own speed, to look away, process, and look back for more.
    Yin... so how's it going with breathing in the beneficent darkness??
    X B

    ReplyDelete