Thursday 27 November 2008

List

I have a list of salient items from the past 24hrs:

Cold/upset stomach/virus thing starting at work late afternoon;

Note interesting movie to be shown only that night at amateur cinema - (Drama from Argentina about a 15 year old hermaphrodite Alex);

Came home felt ill, considered what to do (DC traveling to India);

Wrote blog and decided to have light dinner and go to movie;

Saw movie - deeply moving with a mix of joy and pain - most rewarding viewing;

Came home - message on phone - flood at one of the building sites;

Go to site and get back home 23.20hrs (left a bit sooner than some of the other guys and felt a bit like I should have done a bit more but still felt a bit ill);

Close front door and phone rings -have I heard the news about Mumbai? No, oh, well he'll be on the plane;

Small hours text from DC he is at hotel in Delhi, I text back re Mumbai;

This AM DC phoned - he's going to keep a watch out for the news (marvelous things mobiles);

Travel about to various sites and get home - feel rough physically and head full of stuff but still cool.

I have all sorts of thoughts and feelings about each item. I was deeply moved by the movie and felt it spoke volumes for our human life. I am concerned for DC but not meeting trouble half way.
I am sad for the loss of life in Mumbai including the terrorists- they are no doubt victims too.
I am too tired to expand, tie together, question and suggest answer for the various thoughts and feelings which have arisen and fallen away over the past day. Do any of us really know what samsara means? Will we get to nirvana? (Change the names to suit your world view if it helps.) What forms should we work with?

No comments:

Post a Comment