Saturday, 25 July 2026

Indigo

Last night's Prog at the BBC on BBC4 was excellent. Compilation of some of the greatest names and British bands in prog rock, filmed live in the BBC studios in the early 1970s. Featuring stadium names like Yes, Genesis and Emerson, Lake and Palmer alongside much-loved bands of the era, including Caravan, Family, Atomic Rooster and more. Found myself wondering if my resonance was just nostalgia for the '70's (ie pre Thatcher) but decided not. Then today DC and I visited the Granary gallery, Berwick to see the Joan Eardley: The Sea at Catterline exhibition also excellent. On the drive up and stopping for coffee DC and I continued a conversation about consciousness, basically as per previous post.

The following pictures are some from the exhibition:


 Turner came to mind but this has a quality of its own.

 

The sea seems to be about to run off the canvas.



Powerful sense of shore.



Raw white water.




The quality of the indigo is perfect in capturing the sky and sea.




Summer.




The bay, white water and elevation.

The pastel of indigo caught my attention - indigo is such a remarkable colour. Back in 2013 I wrote about the colour blue, its spacious, mind like, portal quality... And connecting with Prog at the BBC, the consciousness conversation, a sense from the '70's when I was a child, a certain quality almost like 'what is your nature, your particular flavour, what through you is being expressed?'... came to me... and does the name indigo capture that? I find it does in part.

No comments:

Post a Comment